**This position is fully remote
The Association for Experiential Education (AEE) announces the search for a new Assistant Editor for the Journal of Experiential Education (JEE). This international, peer-reviewed, quarterly publication has been serving the field of experiential education since 1978. We are currently accepting applications to begin immediately and serve through the end of 2021. Subsequent terms will be negotiated annually.
AEE has made a commitment to reflect on and challenge ourselves in our work while leading with values of inclusivity and equity. Along with SAGE Publishing, we are committed to diversity, working to bring members of many backgrounds and from around the globe into our organization and into leadership in our organization; to inclusion, taking intentional steps to support our membership in working across differences of race, culture, gender, and more; and to equity, by creating systems to expose inequities in order to make opportunities within our field accessible by all. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
The JEE provides researchers and practitioners with research on experiential education and related fields. It presents a diverse range of articles in subject areas such as outdoor and adventure education, service learning, environmental education, therapeutic applications, international programming/study abroad, experiential learning in disciplinary contexts, and more.
Duties of the Assistant Editor:
· Work with the Editor in Chief to ensure high quality peer review
· Facilitate timely and accurate delivery of manuscripts for publication
· Share responsibility for soliciting, reviewing, and making final decisions on submissions
· Assist in managing all aspects of the publication and review process using the SAGE Track electronic submission and review platform.
Expectations of the Assistant Editor:
· Maintain timely and effective communication
· Advance journal performance
· Uphold JEE’s high quality standard
· Possess their own resume of publications
· Be familiar with the standards and process of academic publishing in experiential education or related fields
· Possess strong organizational and communication skills
· Be able to independently assess scholarly products,
· Have interest in building relationships with other scholars
· Desire to help lead the field’s premier research outlet
Applications should include:
· A letter of application that includes a description of their qualifications
· A statement of goals related to advancing knowledge in experiential education
· Their Curriculum Vitae
· An indication if your department or university can provide any additional resources or support to you and this position (i.e. office space, utilities, the use of computers, student workers or other basic expenses)
· A description of how the position will fit within the applicant’s institutional scope of work, including any anticipated support
Applications are being taken immediately and will close on May 31, 2021.
This position is supported with a stipend from AEE of $4,000 annually.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the current JEE Editor in Chief, Jayson Seaman, at email@example.com with questions about the journal’s current processes and operations.
Applications, nominations, and requests for additional information should be sent electronically to Sherry Bagley, ED, Association for Experiential Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “JEE Assistant Editor Application” in the subject line of your email.
$4000 Per YearJob Category:
5 - 10 yearsEducation: