Rippleffect’s mission is to promote youth development and leadership through adventure, healthy communities and living sustainably.
Since being established in 1999, Rippleffect’s primary purpose has been to provide low barrier access to life changing outdoor wilderness experiences for Maine youth—no matter of their financial need or level experience. Rippleffect programs give students hands on education in living classrooms that are fundamental to the healthy development of citizens, communities and stewards of our planet. Our students build confidence, develop critical leadership skills, strengthen relationships and grow their appreciate for the outdoors through the exploration of our 26-acre eco-campus on Cow Island, the waters of Casco Bay, and the wilderness of New England.
While best well known for our day and overnight summer camp programming on Cow Island for children ages 8-18, Rippleffect programs also include leadership summits for teens, environmental leadership intensives, school partnership expeditions, and partnerships with youth-based nonprofits all across Maine. These initiatives along with have helped Rippleffect to work with over 3,000 youth annually as we have become an integral partner with our community in the holistic development of Maine young people.
The strength of Rippleffect begins with the quality and character of those who work and volunteer with the organization. Staff are dedicated outdoor professionals and those who believe in the power of the wilderness experience to change lives. Creating a culture of openness, transparency, team, professional development, and community are core tenants of the organization and those who are a part of it. Rippleffect staff and volunteers work hard, are creative, collaborate, and are willing to do what is necessary to help each other and the organization be better in order to impact the community we serve. We are a group of motivated self-starters who do our best work when we come together to achieve the extraordinary.
Good candidates for the Partner Program Manager position should be able to thrive in this kind of high energy, dynamic environment and bring similar characteristics to their work every day.
Rippleffect Partner Programs:
Rippleffect Partner Programs are contracted programs with schools and other youth-based organizations that center on the Rippleffect's experiential learning model and the desired outcomes of each partner. Partner Programs include, but are not limited to, day/overnight school trips for community building/culture development on Cow Island, customized expeditions for outting clubs, field days at schools or local parks, and orientations for colleges. Through these partnerships, Rippleffect worked with over 2,000 young people in our community and over 30 different school and youth nonprofits in 2017. Rippleffect Partner Programs are a cornerstone of our strategic vision to provide all Maine youth with a life changing outdoor wilderness experience.
The Partner Program Manager:
The Partner Program Manager (PPM) is an integral part of the Rippleffect leadership team and is responsible for working with the Program Director and Executive Director in the overall management of partner programs. This management includes, but is not limited to, the cultivation and development of new partnerships, managing existing partnerships, managing all partner program communications & logistics, program curriculum creation, program implementation, & managing staff assigned to specific partner program.
Primary Partner Program Manager Responsibilities:
Partner Program Coordination, Communication & Logistics
- Maintain close & detailed communication with partner program representatives
- Coordinate all necessary logistics (transportation, forms, itineraries, etc...) with relevant parties (partner 3rd party vendor, Rippleffect program/operations staff)
Partner Program Development:
with community organizations and schools to:
- Maintain or expand current/existing partnerships
- Develop programs for inquiry-based prospective partners (external to internal)
- Create new Rippleffect initiated program opportunities (internal to external)
of community partnership and school programs. This includes management of:
- Client and parent relations
- Outcome-driven curriculum development in collaboration of
- Work with program/operations team to ensure timely and thorough communication of logistics and program details.
- Monitor the overall quality and integrity of community partnership programming, guide staff, and general operations.
- As needed/necessary as determined by Executive Director &/or Program Director, PPM will guide and/or support program in the field as guide or program assistant.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement in curriculum and infrastructure needs.
- Support marketing efforts of Rippleffect programs.
- Support any organizational major events such as Rappel for Rippleffect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (experiential/wilderness education, outdoor recreation, youth development)
- Experience managing youth programs
- Experience guiding/facilitating outdoor recreation/experiential education programs
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and ability to follow through with multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills--written & verbal
- Ability to manage client relationship--new and existing
- Experience with collaborative, team-oriented environments
- Experience building relationships/partnerships with schools/youth-based nonprofits
- Minimum Wilderness First Responder (current)
- Interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences and effective communication
- Flexibility in the job. Understand that this job is as demanding as it is gratifying and may require personal lifestyle adjustments. Some overnights and weekend work will be required.
Other Relevant Skills:
- Proficiency in coastal sea kayaking and navigation.
- Proficiency facilitating a challenge/ropes course and climbing wall.
The Partner Program Manager is a year-round position and as a year-round is eligible for the following benefits: competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, professional development stipend, and 401k retirement plan & 2% organizational match.
Non-discriminatory hiring policy:
In accordance with federal Equal Opportunity Laws does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation including gender identity or expression, veteran status, or physical or mental disability in the hiring of its employees. Applicants are selected based on their ability to perform the essential functions of the job, prior related work experience, and references from previous employers.
To Apply Please submit your resume, contact information for three references, and a cover letter highlighting how your background and qualifications make you a good fit for this position. Email your materials to email@example.com with Partner Program Manager in the subject line.
We will begin reviewing resumes on January 7th, 2018 and will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.