New Vision Wilderness therapy programs combine canoeing, backpacking expeditions, and more with psychotherapy in order to assess and intervene with 13-17 year old struggling teens and young adults. While allowing structured wilderness excursions to physically challenge clients, master's level clinicians intensively challenge patients in one-to-one and group therapy sessions. This mixture of wilderness excursions and therapeutic contact helps promote the personal growth of each client.
NVW is currently seeking applicants for Full Time Wilderness Instructors. Wilderness Instructors work in the wilderness, guiding groups of up to nine students on backpacking, canoeing, and other outdoor expeditions. Wilderness Instructors often work several days straight in the Wisconsin wilderness. Instructors are in charge of group structure, supervision, safety, curriculum facilitation, teaching wilderness skills, and will be working hand in hand with NVW therapists who treat our children. This position will work in all NVW programs (Adolescent Outdoor, Family, School, and 1:1) and therefore with families and/or young adults too.
Compensation starting at $31,200 annually. Health insurance benefit after 60 days for full time positions. Paid vacation, pro-deal availability, training stipends, performance-based bonuses, opportunities for advancement, and of course paddling lakes and rivers, hiking, fishing, and more, all while healing children.
For more information visit our website http://newvisionwilderness.com/employment
Come join the NVW Team!
- Wilderness Field Instructor must be at least 21 years old and possess a BS/BA degree in related field. Candidates working towards a BS/BA can be eligible for seasonal positions and/or internships
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR certification (WFR preferred)
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Must pass a post-employment offer medical physical