Wilderness Education and Sea Kayak Guide
Rippleffect is seeking individuals who have experience working with youth and adolescents in varied outdoor education settings for the position of seasonal guide.
Rippleffect is a non-profit youth and community development organization operating outdoor and leadership adventure programming out of Portland, Maine. We own Cow Island, and run many of our youth and adult programs from this 26-acre island campus. Serving over 4,000 youth annually, we have a summer day and overnight camp program, year-round wilderness treks, youth leadership programs, and spring and fall orientation programs for school and community groups.
• Manage and mentor groups of 7-14 youth (ages 8-18) while delivering a diverse curriculum, including leadership development, sea kayak skills training, environmental education, and more.
• Work with a co-guide and program leadership team to plan and implement quality outdoor programming in compliance with Rippleffect policies.
• Manage the inherent risk of the job and maintain industry safety standards for students in the field.
• Complete all necessary paperwork.
• Attend and complete all required staff trainings. Guides are conditionally hired until they have satisfactorily passed all necessary skills assessments during training.
• We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are committed to and have experience working with youth. These individuals must also have a passion for living and working in the outdoors.
• Experience facilitating a group over multiple days of varied adventure activities while weaving learning outcomes into the group process.
• Proficiency in coastal sea kayaking and navigation.
• Proficiency facilitating a challenge/ropes course and climbing wall.
• Wilderness First Aid and CPR are required. Wilderness First Responder is strongly preferred.
• All applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
• Flexibility in the job. Understand that this job is as demanding as it is gratifying and may require personal lifestyle adjustments. Some overnights and weekend work will be required.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed boat captains, registered Maine Sea Kayak Guides, and ACA coastal kayak instructors.
Compensation - Guide pay range is $100 to $120 per day. We also provide workers’ compensation insurance, equipment discounts and high quality staff training.
Duration —Per Diem work August 26th through the week of October 22nd.
Contact — Casey Ross, Program Assistant – email@example.com
To Apply - https://rippleffect.campmanagement.com/apply/re