Salary Information: $5,663 - $6,886/Month
The Human Services Department seeks a qualified professional to fill a Supervising Children's Residential Care Counselor position in their Valley of the Moon Children's Home (VMCH).
About the Position
This position will assist in improving communications with county staff and external partners. SCRCCs also ensure consistency with TIC best practices and serve as liaison in supporting timely placements of children out of VMCH.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing programs and implementing TIC best practices for youth residing in the VMCH
- Facilitating activities with staff and residents; Co-facilitating activities with equine program partners
- Overseeing the work performance of staff; Coaching staff and promoting high quality TIC practices and interventions
- Supporting Children's Residential Care Counselors by performing staff work as needed
- Supervising and engaging children with care, curiosity, and compassion
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A strong positive youth development and experiential learning background
- Experience in Trauma Informed Care practices
- Multiple years' experience working in a group home, wilderness program/camp, or other environment requiring highly structured, interactive client supervision
- The ability to monitor and intervene in high risk behaviors and handle crisis situations
- A degree in child development, child psychology, behavioral and social psychology, sociology, social casework, social welfare, and/or counseling and guidance
- Experience training, motivating, providing feedback, and managing staff, including performance management
About Valley of the Moon Children's Home (VMCH)
The Valley of the Moon Children's Home is a youth shelter for children and youth from the ages of newborn to eighteen who have been separated from their families due to abandonment, abuse, neglect, or placement disruption. It is a stable, supportive, nurturing, and temporary environment for children and youth awaiting placement to a more permanent placement.
For more information, including benefits, and to apply online, please visit us at: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. EOE Apply by 09/14/17!