APPLICANTS WANTED! SUBARU/LEAVE NO TRACE TRAVELING TRAINER PROGRAM
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics seeks Traveling Trainers who are passionate educators, skilled communicators and content creators, and are ready and excited to live and work on the road! The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics seeks Traveling Trainers who are passionate educators, skilled communicators and content creators, and are ready and excited to live and work on the road!
Position Opening: The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics seeks two dynamic, tech savvy, extroverted teams of educators (only teams of two are accepted as applicants) for regional Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer positions. Contract period runs April 2018 through March 2019. As Traveling Trainers, teams live on the road, camp more than 250 nights a year, and deliver Leave No Trace programs to children and adults of all experience levels and ages. Teams create videos, social media content, weekly blogs, and detailed program reporting. The majority of this work is with first-time visitors in frontcountry settings. Teams will be hired for one of two regions, but will work and travel outside of that region as needed by the Center. Teams are outfitted with a Subaru vehicle, basic equipment and supplies necessary for teaching and camping, and technology for communication needs.
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers represent the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics as ambassadors and educators and should be prepared to do all of the following:
· Educate > Communicate > Camp > Drive > Educate > Communicate > Camp > REPEAT
· Prepare and present Leave No Trace programs for diverse groups of all ages and backgrounds including youth, youth serving organizations, land managers, park staff, college classrooms, retail store employees, hiking/paddling/climbing and other user groups, and the general public – including program reporting on the back end
· Create weekly video and written blogs and generate social media content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
· Exhibit in boothing/expo areas at trade shows, conferences, outdoor festivals, races, trailheads, and other forward-facing events
· Promote and help build our membership and partnership programs
· Be high energy, open, positive, and ready to engage with whatever the day requires
Leadership and Interpersonal Requirements:
· High-level of motivation, energy, creativity, adaptability, and professionalism
· Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
· Must enjoy working with and educating both adults and children of all ages
· A positive, flexible disposition as well as the ability to deal with an evolving, unpredictable, and demanding travel itinerary
· Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
· Established interpersonal relationship and excellent dynamic between team members
Education, Communication, and Technical Requirements:
· Exceptional communication skills, including charismatic and entertaining public speaking and writing
· Experience teaching in indoor and outdoor environments
· Savvy with creating social media content, video creation, and photography
· Experience using iMovie and Adobe After Effects for creating videos
· Personal budgeting and expense tracking skills
· Demonstrated passion for the environment and for participation in outdoor recreation
· Current Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification
· Prior Leave No Trace Training
· Proficiency with Mac computers
To read the full job description, visit: https://lnt.org/about/work-leave-no-trace
POSITION: Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: April 25, 2018 through March 29, 2019
SALARY/BENEFITS: Living stipend, health insurance stipend, limited monthly salary, travel expenses, a vehicle, and basic gear for life on the road.
CLOSING DATE: January 8, 2018
1. Resumes for both team members
2. Joint cover letter – 2-page maximum, indicating your interest in Eastern Region, Western Region, or either
3. 30 second – 1 minute creative video introducing yourselves and highlighting content creation skills
4. Be prepared to provide 3 references upon request
EMAIL TO: Celina@LNT.org | Subject: Traveling Trainer Search - 2018
-No calls please
-Pre-paired teams only. We will not place individuals into a team.
-Must pass background check
-Must have clean driving record
-U.S. residents only
For more information about the Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, visit www.LNT.org.
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is an equal opportunity employer.