Position: Senior Instructor
Outward Bound Vietnam (OBV) strives in being an integral part in the continued development of a positive and productive culture in society. We are seeking applications for the role of Senior Instructor to develop, promote and deliver a range of Outdoor Education programs.
The Senior Instructor will work closely with the Program Coordinator to plan programs and ensure effective communication with the other outdoor Instructors within the program delivery team.
The Senior Instructor is required to:
• Manage all participants as well as assist the Program Coordinator to manage instructional staff, volunteers and visitors to OBV in accordance with all relevant risk management, health and safety legislation and standards; and all relevant OBV risk management, health and safety policies and procedures.
• Supervision of the in-field delivery of program outcomes to ensure design and delivery are in line with OBV standard operating procedures and educational philosophy.
• Assist the Program Coordinator with area management tasks which includes: area development, area preparation and touring, developing internal and external relationships, dealing with any area management issues whilst programs are operating and manage base pack down’s as required.
• Manage the regular checking, maintenance and logging of equipment as necessary and in compliance with OBV procedures and ACCT standards.
• Responsible for the mentoring and coaching of junior instructors which would include responsibility for; goal setting and performance reviews, delivery of training, touring, area development reconnaissance duties, compiling reports and compiling incident data from the field.
• Facilitate and provide leadership to all direct reports in order to achieve strategic goals, establish team direction and vision and to promote a culture of safety within the team.
• Team management, including motivating the team of instructors and individuals and promoting a positive team culture.
Applicants should have instructing experiences in outdoor experiential education (both youth and adult) and conscious to the Outward Bound community and its ethos.
Applicants must have the physical capability to fulfil the role, including all program activities of an Outdoor Education Instructor as required with experiences in group management. Applicants should have technical knowledge in related outdoor experience that include rock climbing, ropes course and water activities.
Applicants should be willing to travel or relocate within Vietnam.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits including insurance, accommodation and meals whilst working.
Interested parties should send their resume and a covering letter (and direct any questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org