Rippleffect is seeking individuals who have experience working with
youth and adolescents in varied outdoor education settings for the position of
seasonal guide. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are committed
to and have experience working with youth. These individuals must also have a
passion for living and working in the outdoors.
Rippleffect is an AEE (Association of Experiential Education)
accredited experiential and wilderness youth non-profit and community
development organization operating out of Portland, Maine. We own Cow Island,
and run many of our youth and adult programs from this 26-acre island campus.
Serving over 4,000 youth annually, we have a summer day and overnight camp
program, year-round wilderness treks, youth leadership programs, and spring and
fall orientation programs for school and community groups.
• Manage, mentor, and care for the physical and emotional well being of 7-14 program participants (ages 8-18) while delivering a diverse holistic experiential curriculum, including leadership development, sea kayak skills training, environmental education, and more.
• Work with a co-guide and program leadership team to plan and implement quality outdoor programming in compliance with Rippleffect policies and mission.
• Manage the inherent risk of the job and maintain industry safety
standards for students in the field.
• Complete all necessary paper work.
• Attend and complete all required staff trainings. Guides are conditionally hired until they have satisfactorily passed all necessary skills assessments during training.
• Experience facilitating a group over multiple days of varied
adventure activities while weaving learning outcomes into the group process.
• Proficiency in coastal sea kayaking and navigation.
• Backpacking experience preferred.
• Proficiency facilitating a challenge/ropes course and climbing wall.
• Wilderness First Aid and CPR are required. Wilderness First Responder is strongly preferred.
• All applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
• Flexibility in the job. Understand that this job is as demanding as it is gratifying and may require personal lifestyle adjustments. Some overnights and weekend work will be required.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed boat captains, registered Maine Sea Kayak Guides, and ACA coastal kayak instructors.
Compensation - Guide pay range is $100 to $120 per
day. We also provide workers’ compensation insurance, equipment discounts and
high quality staff training.
Duration —Per Diem work May-October
– Fill out an online application, https://rippleffect.campmanagement.com/apply/re
– Contact Logan Faulkingham, firstname.lastname@example.org, Program Manager
for more information.