A Facilitator for the Hockomock Area YMCA Challenge Course will be responsible for leading small groups of 10-15 participants through a progression of teambuilding activities and low & high challenge course elements designed to focus on the groups stated goals. The facilitator will use the Hockomock Area YMCA course to provide an opportunity for groups to recognize and safely reach their potential. This will include promoting self-confidence, positive group dynamics, and the expansion of their problem solving abilities. Employees are expected to be professional and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to lead cooperative group activities
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to facilitate low ropes elements
- May be able to facilitate high ropes elements independently in accordance with local operating procedures
- Must be able to communicate clearly using the English language in written and verbal formats.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Strong desire to help participants and colleagues seek and learn from a variety of challenges.
- Must be 18 or older
- A background and understanding of the Experiential Learning process.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have experience working with youth ages 11-18.
- Experience with low and high ropes course elements and experiential education facilitation
- Must be able to pass the Hockomock area YMCA Challenge course facilitator skill verification checklist or have a current Level 1 facilitator certification from a ACCT accredited Professional Vendor ( PVM)
- Must be able to stand and walk for an entire 8 hour work day.
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds up to 50 yards.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must have full use of arms and hands