Ironwood is a residential therapeutic school that works with families and adolescents from all over the United States. Serving up to 45 students from ages 13-18, as they work through a 4-level program. Families and/or schools who seek support from Ironwood are managing a variety of challenges including but not limited to, oppositional defiance, truancy, mild drug use, strained family relationships, dishonesty, anxiety, depression, PTSD. Students reside at Ironwood for 9-12 months as they engage in intensive therapeutic, educational, and relational work. Students are learning foundational skills in communication, self-discipline, healthy living, and participating in a variety of enrichment experiences.
Ironwood is seeking behavior specialist to work directly with students on a daily basis. Qualified candidates would be able to work well within a team of professionals, as well as 12-20 students who are engaged in a variety of levels within the program. This position requires strong communication skills, thoughtful organization, the ability to multitask, and most importantly someone who is able to form healthy connections with adolescents and adults alike.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively participate and contribute in initial trainings and continued professional development.
· Attend pre-shift meetings, collaborate with co-staff to create proactive plan for each student
· Collaborate with co-staff, supervisors, and program managers to ensure all students are physically and emotionally safe.
· Deliver clear and concise program expectations and hold individuals accountable.
· Review and maintain familiarity with student notes, administer and record daily events in a professional manner.
· Responsible for oversite of daily routines including but not limited to meals, chores, school, and experientials.
· Maintain 100% sight and sound at all times, providing constant emotional and physical support to students.
· Facilitate prompt arrival to designated locations with students; maintain awareness and understanding of daily schedules.
· Complete professional and timely paperwork following the conclusion of every day.
· Respond to program delivery needs and/or behavioral/medical needs in accordance with Ironwood policy and procedure.
· Demonstrate a commitment to understand and uphold Ironwood safety standards and each of Ironwood Policy and Procedures.
o Student Participants,
· Key Relations:
o Program Managers, Supervisors, Barn Managers, Therapist
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. (education, behavioral
1-2 years’ experience working directly with youth in one or more of the
education/field-based science education
- Environmental education/field-based science education
with behavior and group management required.
Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR Certifications.
interpersonal skills, ability to give and receive appropriate and timely
to work both independently and as part of a team.
to dependably serve as a positive role model to students and peers at all
success operating in dynamic and changing environments.
· Work environment is dynamic and changing. Work may include time spent outside in inclement/harsh weather
· Shifts are generally 14 hours.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs
- Must be able to be on feet an average of 8+ hours per day
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Initial hiring is set up as a per-diem status.
· Competitive daily pay commensurate with experience.
· Worker’s Compensation Insurance. Accident Insurance.
· Possibility full time employment after annual review to include a complete and competitive Employee Benefit Package.