Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures is an outdoor education, summer camp, and retreat center located halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs. The outdoor education (OE) program provides 3-day, 2 night programs for approximately 3000 5th and 6th-graders annually. We believe in transforming how students and teachers experience outdoor education!
The Program Manager is expected to provide administrative support and logistical oversight for day-to-day programming at Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures. They are responsible for creating and maintaining positive relationships with OE clients. Produces and coordinates OE program logistics such as hiring, training, scheduling, assessments, etc. Development and management of program budget. Will work collaboratively with other program managers to ensure financial sustainability and quality control of all programs. Develops and promotes good community relations among various district and community clientele.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the budget for the outdoor education program to meet the goals of the organization as a whole.
- Manage day-to-day administrative and programmatic tasks,
including but not limited to, writing schedules, coordinating information with
visiting schools and clients, providing parent and teacher presentations, and
conducting exit interviews.
- Work with schools and parents to coordinate the accommodation for students with special needs
- Expand and improve the OE program, including program and curriculum development. The program should be constantly improving to maintain the interest of our OE population and the safety of our students.
- Responsible for ongoing OE staff recruitment, training, and evaluation.
- Create and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy for outdoor education markets. Assist in the design of new revenue streams and programs that extend the program calendar.
- Responsible for monitoring staff discipline and proper escalation of write-ups. Manage staff housing and perform weekly housing checks.
- Be a contact for all clients on site - be a noticeable presence. Exemplify a "customer centric" approach to client engagement and interactions.
- Daily Program Observation - observe classes and program operations, including student discipline.
- On-Duty Night at least once a week. Expected to stay overnight when clients are on site to be point of contact.
- Coordinate special project requests and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to rad and comprehend written and oral instructions.
- Effectively relate with school age children in a positive and supportive manner.
- Easily approachable, able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself, and be silly.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and relate to visiting clients, as needed.
- Able to learn and execute the lessons/activities in an expansive curriculum.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains generally positive attitude.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback and applying the information in a timely manner.
- Observes all District policies and procedures
- Five (5) years outdoor education or camp experience.
- Three (3) years outdoor education or camp administrative experience.
- Two (2) years of challenge course facilitation and/or supervision.
For more information about our program, please visit www.stonecanyonedge.org.