Manages all aspects of program design/ delivery/personnel management for an extensive experiential education program that uses outdoor camps, retreats & adventures to build resiliency & aid trauma recovery. Oversee staff of 5 full time, 3 part time, 6 seasonal interns. Located on over 900 spectacular acres, our programs include challenge course, equine assisted learning/psychotherapy, canoeing, swimming, archery, conservation education & "mobile unit" experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a proven outdoor education or camp professional who is about:
· The unique, life-changing impact outdoor, adventure-based, experiential educaton can have on abused & neglected kids, veterans, others recovering from trauma as well as "mainstream" youth & adult groups.
· Recruiting, hiring, training & leading a great team of outdoor education professionals.
· Maintaining, improving & expanding our existing camps & retreats while keeping program design firmly ground in experiential learning theory as well as trauma informed care.
· Working with a wide variety of clientele (over 3500 served in 2017) & groups.
· Acheiving meaurable outcomes with respect to our cleints' resiliency, self-efficacy & other interpersonal goals.
· Creating & administering risk management systems to ensure client & staff safety.
· Being part of a professional management team dedicated to fiscal responsibility, service, best practices, community engagement & a culture of philanthropy.
$35K - $40K Salary + FREE on-site housing (required) in 3 bedroom house, liberal PTO, 403(b) match up to 5% over time & health insurance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more complete job description, more information. To apply send cover letter, resume and 3 references.