Project Adventure, Inc. is a nonprofit organization, with an established history and reputation as a leader in adventure-based learning. Project Adventure (PA) has been developing challenge course programs since 1971. PA promotes, designs, installs and delivers innovative adventure programs for professionals in the diverse fields of physical education and fitness, classroom teaching, alternative schools, residential treatment agencies, etc. We address outcomes for social emotional learning, teamwork, counseling, technical skills and more. Our headquarters is set in the heart of an Olmsted-designed country estate, two minutes north of Route 128 in Beverly, MA.
General Description: The Program Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and selling adventure services to a wide range of existing and potential Project Adventure clients. The individual must have a strong desire to interact with clients on the phone and in person, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a self-directed work ethic, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Work consultatively with existing and prospective clients to develop recommendations which meet their organization’s needs based on the variety of services Project Adventure offers.
• Create and deliver effective proposal presentations, both in person and electronically.
• Develop and sell intentional and outcomes-based programs utilizing adventure services and managing all necessary confirmation paperwork, product purchases, and delivery of resources for those programs.
• Maintaining client relationships with ongoing follow-up.
• Respond to general client inquiries via phone and email, answer questions related to Project Adventure services.
• Work within budgetary guidelines to meet sales goals.
• Work with Project Adventure’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) software to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, proposals sent, closed sales, and follow-up activities with each client.
• Represent Project Adventure at various conferences throughout the year; some travel may be required.
• Learn the Project Adventure brand, demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and growth, and attend one Project Adventure Open Enrollment workshop per year.
• Engage collaboratively within the Program Design Team and across departments in meetings and various other formats as needed in order to ensure high quality customer service and best practices internally.
• Perform other tasks as determined necessary.
Diverse, creative and dynamic work environment; medical/dental plan; paid holidays; paid vacation, paid life insurance, 403B retirement plan, cell phone stipend. Beautiful, pristine work setting at Moraine Farm campus
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Email or fax (978-524-4501) to email@example.com with Program Development Specialist as the subject line. We will contact you if we would like to set up an interview. No phone calls please. Project Adventure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action Employer.