Adventure WV, a unit within the Division of Student Life at West Virginia University, is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator. The Adventure WV Program Coordinator (PC) bears primary responsibility for the coordination of Adventure WV year-round short-term outdoor and experiential recreational and educational opportunities (days, evenings, weekends) and associated year-round leader training, development, and enrichment opportunities for student leaders of these programs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Serve as Adventure WV’s Climbing Specialist by coordinating indoor and outdoor climbing programs and skills clinics, coordinating indoor and outdoor climbing leader/guide development, ensuring compliance with industry standards for all climbing operations, and collaborating with the Climbing Wall Oversight Committee for the management of day to day climbing wall operations.
- Ensure compliance with Adventure WV internal standards and processes.
- Contribute to the year-round functions of Adventure WV’s First Year Trips program and provides significant summer FYT support, both through the management of climbing during FYT programs and serving as a FYT Course Director.
- Coordinate and lead extended outdoor programs in remote locations (including possibly to international destinations) and to teach courses associated with these programs.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Adventure WV team, working on program priority projects (i.e. Welcome Week, Fall Adventure Activities, special events), facilitating Outdoor Education Center programs, and serving as On-Call personnel.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director to propose, enroll, and staff a robust year-round calendar of short-term educational and recreational opportunities.
- Design and oversee year-round student staff training, development, and enrichment opportunities.