The Outdoor Academy is an accredited, residential, semester school for high achieving tenth-grade and select ninth- and eleventh-grade students. Rising from a long tradition of experiential education at Eagle's Nest Foundation, a non-profit organization chartered in 1950, The Outdoor Academy incorporates a college preparatory curriculum with environmental education, wilderness leadership, unique arts offerings, and regional studies in a small community setting. Established in 1995, The Outdoor Academy enrolls up to 28 students from across the United States each semester to attend our school located in Pisgah Forest, North Carolina.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Part-Time English Teacher
ACADEMIC RESPONSIBILITIES: The part time English teacher is responsible for teaching two sections of The Outdoor Academy’s English curriculum, which focuses on place-based literature and nature writing. Responsibilities include:
1. Design and follow a semester syllabus
2. Mentor students in their academic growth
3. Evaluate student performance
4. Be available to work with students on English assignments outside of class as needed
1. BS or BA degree required, advanced degree preferred.
2. Prior teaching experience in English, Literature, or Language Arts.
3. Experience working with young people in academic, experiential, outdoor, or residential settings preferred
COMPENSATION: Salary (Semester Contract January to May).
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and application form (available at http://www.enf.org/outdoor-academy/oa-employment/) as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrea Haulk, Payroll and Human Resources Manager
Eagle’s Nest Foundation and The Outdoor Academy
43 Hart Road
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768