NorthBay Education is looking for new team members to join our Education team! Our team members enjoy working on our beautiful campus located in Elk Neck State Par in North East, MD, and the many benefits we provide to our employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Monthly Gym Membership reimbursement (for employees enrolled in our medical plan)
- Free meals during the workday
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Up to $4000 annual tuition assistance
1. Responsible for the safety of 20-40 children in an outdoor, sometimes remote setting.
2. Effectively teach students from various school districts MSDE approved curricula in environmental education, environmental science, character and outdoor education.
3. Participate in various camp maintenance activities.
4. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in outdoor education, environmental or natural science, education, art, social studies language arts, or related fields preferred. Teaching or other youth program experience preferred.
Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must be an excellent communicator.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job functions of this position require that educators be in the outdoors in all weather including but not limited to rain, snow sleet, high wind, cold, heat, and may be exposed to biting and/or stinging insects to include but not limited to ticks, chiggers, mosquitoes, flies and bees. Extensive walking and standing is required of this position.