Position: Operations Manager
Outward Bound Vietnam (OBV) strives in being an integral part in the continued development of a positive and productive culture in society. We are seeking applications for the role of Operations Manager to develop, promote and deliver a range of Outdoor Education programs.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all programs are delivered per OBV safety and quality requirements. The Operations Manager is expected to lead a team, to coach and mentor an operational team, manage rosters, coordinate trainings and team building days.
The Operations Manager is required to:
- Manage all staff, volunteers and visitors to OBV in accordance and ensure knowledge of and compliance with all relevant risk management, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Operational area management which includes: area development, area preparation and touring, developing internal and external relationships, dealing with any area management issues whilst programs are operating and manage base pack down’s as required.
- Responsible that maintenance, food, logistical, fleet and risk assessment requirements are being met, maintained and reviewed.
- Responsible for overseeing all program delivery requirements which includes management, mentoring and coaching a team of instructors which would include responsibility for; goal setting and performance reviews, managing rosters, coordinating training, touring, area development reconnaissance duties, compiling reports and incident data from the field.
- Facilitate and provide leadership to all direct reports in order to achieve strategic goals, establish team direction and vision and to instil a positive culture based on Outward Bound philosophies, congruent with OBV core values, vision and mission.
Applicants should have instructing and working experiences in managing positions in outdoor experiential education (both youth and adult) and conscious to the Outward Bound community and its ethos. Applicants should have knowledge in program development, training & assessing, safety & risk management as well as related outdoor experience that include mountaineering, rock climbing and water activities.
Applicants should also have experience in corporate management to support OBV in achieving its operational and strategic plans and be willing to travel or relocate within Vietnam.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits including insurance, accommodation and meals whilst working.
Interested parties should send their resume and a covering letter (and direct any questions) to email@example.com