Job Duties include (but are certainly not limited to):
· All lab and field marine science instruction for students grades 5 through college
· All supervision of students, including in-water supervision
· Transportation of students in 15-passenger vans
· General camp cleaning and maintenance
· Basic computer and digital camera use
· Regular overnight supervision
· Working as part of a team to provide a positive and educational experience to a wide variety of students
· Bachelor's degree in Biology, Marine Biology or a related field
· Strong understanding of basic marine biology principles
· Excellent water skills, including comfort snorkeling and the ability to complete Red Cross lifeguard course during training (previous lifeguard experience a plus)
· Ability to pass swim test of consisting of a 500m swim completed without stopping in under 10 minutes
· Desire to work with grade school students
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· CA class B license or ability to acquire class B license
· Teaching, snorkeling and diving experience a plus
· Knowledge of local marine life a plus
· Ability to perform demanding work including supervising, teaching, and lifeguarding students in and out of the water.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
· Ability to pass Department of Justice and FBI background check
Please check out the 2-day and 5-day schedules on the school group page of our website for a good idea of the types of activities you may be expected to lead.
Feel free to contact us at (800) SEACAMP or go to our website at www.seacamp.com
Starting pay $110 / day
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, Applicant Information Form (see Employment link on the bottom of our webpage www.seacamp.com) and professional references to Amy Bergen Zerofski, firstname.lastname@example.org.