Live and work in the heart of Pinkham Notch, a multi-sport outdoor
destination unlike any other! From your front door, hike New England's tallest
peak or mountain bike nearby trail networks - the outdoor adventure you're
looking for awaits! If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider
joining our team!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America's oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for Logistics Support! In this role, you will work on the dynamic Storehouse team where the work is varied and your days will rarely be the same. From the delivery of hot and delicious family-style meals in our high mountain huts to providing safe transportation for AMC’s educational programs, Logistics Support plays a key role in ensuring that AMC’s thousands of guests and visitors have an outdoors experience unlike any other.
Full time positions available spring, summer and fall. Opportunities for alternative work assignments during out-of-season periods may be available.
Starting pay is $10.00/hour, and a normal work week comprises five 8-hour days that run from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Storehouse is open seven days a week, so schedules often include weekends and holidays. Occasional overtime is required.
Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees 18 years of age or older, however, space is limited so don’t delay in applying and reserving your spot now!
- Provide safe transportation for programs and supply trips driving passenger vans and other large vehicles, occasionally with cargo or canoe trailers.
- Accurately and efficiently fill large scale requisitions for food and supplies.
- Assist in the recycling efforts of the AMC.
- Stage and give field support for helicopter airlifts.
- Represent AMC with local vendors.
- Must be over 21 years old per DOT requirements for interstate commercial vehicle operations.
- Must hold valid driver’s license and be able to pass DOT medical exam and AMC driver training and tests.
- Must have safe driving record and practices, subject to verification through a driver's license history check.
- Ability to walk and do manual lifting, sometimes up to 70 pounds from floor to waist height, repeatedly for a long period of time and other strenuous work as necessary.
- Experience driving large vehicles and towing trailers helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Employee Perks: Benefits include a 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities and in AMC catalogs, access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates, a one-year AMC membership and 4 free nights for you and your immediately family members at AMC facilities.
To Apply: Now accepting applications for spring, summer and fall 2018! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!