Location: Outer Banks Base Camp, NC
Length: May - Early September
FLSA Status: Seasonal Exempt
The Logistics Coordinator is an entry-level support role based out of the North Carolina Outward Bound School's Outer Banks basecamp (Outer Banks, NC). The Logistics Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Program Director to ensure that the logistical needs of field programs and basecamp facilities are met. The role of Logistics Coordinator requires an individual that is hardworking, flexible, committed to excellent customer service, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, the position calls for someone who will work proactively to address the needs of the program, is comfortable working within a routine, and who completes scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
At the North Carolina Outward Bound School, we are dedicated to the goal of building a vibrant, culturally diverse, and racially equitable community of staff who are committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. In this effort, we strongly encourage people of color and veterans to apply.
- Interviews will be conducted from April 28 - 31st, 2018.
- Application Deadline is April 23rd, 2018
- The position will begin in early May and continue through the first week of September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the delivery of Outward Bound mission and educational framework.
- Creates and upholds facilities organization, efficient operation, and cleanliness.
- Coordinates the issue, de-issue, and maintenance of the regional outdoor equipment. Includes clean up, repair, laundry, and inventory.
- Maintains map, medical and expendable inventory.
- Handles all logistical details, preparations, and support for several courses in the field at once.
- Picks up and transports crews between locations in the beginning, middle, and end of course.
- Oversees weekly vehicle checks and maintenance and communicates the need for necessary repairs.
- Participates in the logistics coordinator on-call system.
- Responds to field emergencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to behave as a role model for students.
- Manages a range of student behaviors in a positive manner.
- Adheres to all local operating procedures, safety policies and emergency procedures outlined in the Field Staff Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication with Instructors, Course Directors, and other staff.
- Consistently strives to openly share and receive feedback with/from co-workers and supervisors.
- Articulates and role models Outward Bound’s mission, history, and values.
- Commits to own professional growth as well as improving technical and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum age – 21 years old.
- Personal and professional values consistent with the NCOBS mission, values, and principles.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record/background check.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong personal initiative, motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Cooperative, positive attitude, and ability to be flexible.
- Able to drive program vehicles on steep, rugged roads. (15-passenger vans with trailers)
- Able to participate in all base activities. Able to lift 60 pounds.
- Able to give and receive timely, effective oral and written feedback.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Current WFR and CPR preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting pay is $58/day (Range: $58-$70 /day)
- Previous experience awarded with commensurate pay.
- Room and board provided.
- Eligible for pro-deal purchasing program.
- Ability to attend professional development trainings for rock climbing and white-water canoeing.
- A position with our logistics team provides valuable experience and organizational background that can help one transition into an instructor role in subsequent years.
- Apply through our website - OBX LC Application Location
- Upload your cover letter and resume with three references.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
- Applications are due by April 23rd, 2018.
The North Carolina Outward Bound School prohibits discrimination against, and harassment of, any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, qualified individuals with a disability on the basis of the disability, or any other category which may be protected under applicable local, state or federal law. NCOBS promotes respect for all people, and will not tolerate harassment based on any of these characteristics nor on differences based on gender identity or expression.