FT Leadership Facilitator/Operations Supprt Staff (4 positions available)
Seasonal Leadership Facilitator (2 to 6 positions available)
Casual Leadership Facilitator (2 to 8 positions available)
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Camping and Outdoor Education Programs, Leadership Facilitators deliver dynamic outdoor and leadership programing to schools and corporate clients and assists in program planning and development. Under the direction of each departmental manger as an Operations Support Staff, assist in operational tasks in housekeeping, food service, custodial, office and maintenance. This position requires employees to live onsite.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
· Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
· Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
· Program development and planning
· Delivery of on site and off site programming including outdoor education for school groups and conference guests, teambuilding exercises, initiative games, low ropes, nature interpretation, outdoor recreation activities, sports and leadership development
· Working flexible hours (evenings, overnight and weekends)
· Site in charge duties: respond to emergencies and situations that may arise after hours
· Operations support staff duties may include:
o Food Service: bartending, banquet services
o Housekeeping: turning over rooms, off season deep cleaning
o Custodial: room and program set up, site cleaning, night custodial shifts
o Maintenance: grounds keeping, snow clearing, program set up, ice rink and ski trail maintenance
o Office: support the front office during busy registration periods
· Post-Secondary School Education in Recreation and Leisure, Education or related field is an asset
· 1 to 2 years’ experience in outdoor education or leadership development
· Experience delivering ABL (Adventure Based Learning), experiential activities and initiatives
· Knowledge of the outdoors, leadership theory and team building concepts
· Commitment to safety and risk management is essential
· Experience working with children is an asset
· Strong Customer Service skills are essential
· Experience in conflict resolution and capacity building are an asset
· Professional Outdoor Certificates highly desirable, i.e. Paddle Canada or ORCKA Instructors, Low Ropes Instructor (A.C.C.T.), etc.
· NLS and PCOC are desirable
· Standard First Aid/CPR-C are required
· Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
· Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- Ontario G driver’s license or equivalent
- Smart Serve desirable
- An understanding of Ontario Camps Association (O.C.A.), Ontario Physical Education and Health Association (O.P.H.E.A.) and YMCA Overnight Camping Best Practices
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates
and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission,
vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
- Volunteer Stewardship: Understands the important role volunteers play
in our Association. Contributes to
a welcoming and supportive environment for all volunteers, and
demonstrates appreciation for their commitment.
- Communication/Listening: Listens attentively to comprehend both the factual content of a message and the feeling being expressed.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for
- Diversity: Appreciates that people with different
opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge
or situation at hand.
- Concern for
Health and Safety: Demonstrates a
knowledge of required protocols and ensures their implementation
- Philanthropy: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation
of the role of Philanthropy in achieving the YMCA’s mission.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all
times and maintains high ethical standards.
Works independently within prescribed
parameters. Can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them.