Position Summary: The Leader Hiring Associate for High School Exchange Programs is an integral part of the team supporting the leader hiring operations of The Experiment in International Living and Global Exchange’s youth leadership programs. Throughout the year, the high school exchange program units hire seasonal temporary group leaders and program facilitators to lead inbound and outbound high school exchange programs on behalf of World Learning.
The Leader Hiring Associate will support the leader recruitment and hiring operations and will work closely with the Leader Hiring Coordinator and Operations Manager on the leader hiring assessment strategy. S/he will support staff in the recruitment and hiring of group leaders and program facilitators year-round for the summer abroad programs and inbound youth leadership programs, and support and coordinator evaluate leaders’ performance and training through student, partner and parent evaluations. The position entails managing complex logistical components, familiarity with the thematic aspects of the Experiment and youth leadership programs programming. The Leader Hiring Associate will work closely with the Logistics and Systems Coordinators and associates in the management of leader logistics and leader finances. We seek candidates with familiarity in leading high school international study abroad trips, and excellent administration, finance and project management skills in addition to excellent coordination and teamwork skills. This position engages with other Experiment and Global Development and Exchange departments and international partners, and requires the assumption of a leadership role among peers, partners, and leaders with the Experiment Program Office in Brattleboro, Vermont and Global Exchange programs in Washington DC.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Support recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of adult group leaders and program facilitators for Experiment summer abroad programs and youth leadership programs;
· Support and manage leader application information using Salesforce, and assist in setting up processes for reviewing leader applications and setting up leader interviews;
· Review leader applications as assigned;
· Manage communication with group leader applicants through the group leadership email inbox;
· Support staff in standardizing and streamlining group leader applications, interviews, language checks, reference checks, onboarding systems, and other administrative systems as assigned;
· Support Leader Hiring Coordinator in collaborating with different Experiment and World Learning units to ensure operational systems and processes are consistent and timely during hiring and summer program preparation;
· Support Operations Manager and program staff on the design, delivery and logistics of Leadership Training Week/Staff Training – interfacing with other departments and teams as necessary;
· Provide on-call support during the summer abroad programs: advising leaders, conducting mid-program check ins with leaders, partners, parents and staff on student management and ultimate decisions in programs, including responding to health, discipline, and behavioral issues;
· Support Leader Hiring Coordinator in management of leader weekly evaluation processes; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience;
· At least one to three years of experience interviewing, hiring, and onboarding staff;
· At least one to three years of experience working with adolescents and leading high school exchange programs;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and customer service skills;
· Superior interpersonal, communication, cross-cultural, organizational, and time-management skills with excellent attention to detail;
· Ability to take initiative, be flexible, and work independently and with a team; and
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize competing tasks.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Submission of a cover letter and resume required for consideration.
While World Learning would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please.
World Learning is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.