The Browne Center’s Internship Program is most appropriate for those who have an interest in our direct service programs with youth/students. This internship balances time in the field supporting and working directly with client programs, with the behind-the-scenes administrative/operational work that makes programs possible. Interns can expect to learn more about facilitation of the group process, using the challenge course as a tool, and adding to their “bag of tricks”. Prior experience with facilitation and challenge courses is helpful, but not required.
We are committed to creating an environment where new or emerging professionals can grow within an organizational culture that is educational, fun, and collaborative. We recognize that interns are a crucial part of our community. They contribute to the quality of our programming and customer service, and bring fresh energy into the workplace. In exchange for their hard work, interns have the opportunity to gain a multitude of skills and knowledge.
Potential Responsibilities and Concentrations:
* Program Delivery: Support youth program delivery
* Program logistics: Maintain programming props and equipment, both on and off the challenge course
* Administrative: Phone coverage, data entry, and filing, as well as general administrative support
* Ropes Course Stewardship: Inventory and maintain challenge course equipment, mulch and trail maintenance
* Other responsibilities: Assist the Office Manager with various projects
NOTE: Responsibilities will vary based on an intern’s skill level, area of interest and the current needs of our staff.
* Dynamic work environment, diversity of work opportunities, and beautiful wooded work setting
* Opportunities to have mentorship, shadow/co-lead with an experienced youth program facilitator, have direct experiences with youth, and experience our internal workings
* $100/week stipend (no housing avail)
* Enthusiasm and open-mindedness
* Adventure/experiential programming background helpful
* Independent worker and ability to work in a dynamic environment
* Excellent customer service, organizational, communication skills, and computer skills
* Current First Aid and CPR certifications helpful
* Ability to commit to a full-time 3 month position (approx 400 hours) or longer.
Industry: Challenge Courses / Ropes Courses
Job Function: Intern
Entry Level: Yes
Job Type: Internship
Job Duration: 3-6 months
Required Travel: none