Head of Operations
Following the promotion of the current post-holder to the position of Executive Director of Outward Bound Vietnam, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the key position of Head of Operations.
Outward Bound Hong Kong has been serving the people of Hong Kong since 1970, providing high-quality personal development experiences in the outdoors for thousands of participants from a range of backgrounds. Working from 3 bases in the New Territories participants undertake journeys in kayaks or ketches in the coastal waters and the mountains of the Hong Kong Country Parks. Additionally we maintain a 67 ft yacht, The Spirit of Outward Bound which provides a platform for longer courses.
As part of the senior leadership of this established organisation, the Head of Operations plays a vital role in the successful delivery of courses and our mission. Although broad, the central responsibilities include:
- ensuring educational outcomes are clearly defined, understood and effectively delivered in all OBHK courses
- working with funding organisations to develop and deliver courses which meet social need
- working with existing clients to meet evolving educational outcomes and maintain standards of delivery and client relationships
- leading a staff team to ensure effective management of risk in all areas of delivery
The position would suit candidates from a wide-range of backgrounds, but the successful applicant is likely to have:
- a desire to help an established and successful organisation continue to grow and develop
- a desire to explore new opportunities for course development and delivery
- experience of delivering experiential education in the outdoors in a senior role
- experience of leading teams, accepting responsibility and engaging with external organisations
- an ability to positively engage with staff in all areas of the organisation, as well as trustees and board members
- a positive approach and an active sense of humour
The Executive Committee of the Trust are seeking applications from candidates who have the potential and motivation to pursue more senior positions in the future, either with Outward Bound Hong Kong or the wider Outward Bound network. The compensation package reflects the desire to appoint a candidate who is able to contribute at a senior level in the future.
For more information about the role, the strategic direction of the school and life in Hong Kong please visit our website (www.outwardbound.org.hk). For specific questions please contact the Executive Director, Nick Cotton (email@example.com).
Applications, including a CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 9th October 2017.