We are seeking 1-2 outstanding people to work alongside our food manager to process and prepare food from our beautiful biodynamic farm to feed our incredible summer staff. Come be a part of a great community of people committed to adventurous learning, hard work and simple living!
- Summer season: June 1 - August 22
- Work side by side with food and farm managers to harvest food and feed students and staff
- during the thriving summer season.
- Cooking bountiful meals and processing and preserving the harvest for our year-round
- learning community.
- Work with students during chores as a guide, teacher and role model.
- Enjoys working with food and children
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina
- Self-directed task completion
- Good organizational skills
- Desire to live in community
- Creative, curious, industrious, resourceful
- Sharing a canvas wall tent set amidst the Kroka staff village
- Developing personal living habits in harmony with the natural world
- Opportunity to participate in paddling, climbing, hiking, and other adventure and wilderness skills training with Kroka guides
- Your mentors will be Kroka farmers Lynne Boudreau and Silvano Biffis as well as guest teachers.
Stipend and benefits
- In addition to a stipend of $100 per week and invaluable educational experiences, interns receive delicious meals and comfortable eco-housing on the Kroka campus.