New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier by providing cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
New Vision employees are individuals passionate about the outdoors, strong believers in the healing power of wilderness immersion, and dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical treatment program to meet our mission of saving lives and uniting families.
NVW is currently seeking applicants for Full Time and Seasonal Wilderness Instructors at our Medford Wisconsin location. Instructors provide a safe, therapeutic atmosphere in a wilderness context for our groups of struggling teens. Wilderness Instructors are responsible for groups of up to nine students on backpacking, canoeing, and other outdoor expeditions and will work several days straight in the wilderness (typically an 8-day on/6-day off schedule). Instructors are responsible for group structure, supervision, safety, curriculum facilitation, teaching wilderness skills, and will be working hand in hand with NVW therapists who treat our children. Day to day programming responsibilities include: risk management, implementation of program philosophy, student supervision, leadership and responsible decision making, communication, and the overall care and welfare of up to 9 students in a wilderness context.
- Wilderness Field Guides must be at least 21 years old. BS/BA degree or comparable experience working the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Must maintain current First Aid/CPR certification (WFR certification preferred)
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record
Must pass a post-employment offer medical physical