Come join us on the Mountain! Located on 1400 acres on top of the Blue Ridge Mountains, camp has some of the most beautiful views of any camp in the country. Share in the beauty and traditions that has made Camp Greenville a special place for over 100 years. You can be part of a dynamic team making an impact on all that we serve.
The YMCA of Greenville is seeking a cause-driven leader who desires to make a major impact in the community to join our team as Spring Program Staff of YMCA Camp Greenville. Camp Greenville is a residential camp established in 1912 that hosts boys and girls from throughout the region and the world for summer camps, retreats and specialty camps
This is a seasonal position from Mid-August through Mid-November 2017.
Description and Required Certifications:
- Work non-traditional hours.
- Be willing to deal with confrontations easily and effectively.
- Assist with evening activities and special events.
- Ability to develop new and different classes for future sessions and rain plans.
- Maintain safe working environment for staff and campers.
- Maintain clean working conditions.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies, notifying supervisor of low levels before supplies run out and ordering supplies as necessary.
- Ability to develop and supervise creative and safe programming.
Must be able to:
- Observe camper and staff behavior.
- Identify and respond to hazards.
- Work with different age and skill levels.
- Ability to deal with all staff and campers equally and fairly.
- Current CPR, first aid, AED
- 18 years or older and a desire and ability to work with children and adults in a Christian camp setting.
- General positive attitude and willingness to work unconventional hours.
- Active team member of program staff and camp community
- Willingness to model appropriate behavior around all groups at camp in terms of language, appearance, and respect of others
- Physical ability for: crouching, lifting, and carrying 50 pounds, sitting, stooping, climbing, and leading strenuous hikes.
- Have a positive attitude
- Ability to be flexible
- Time management for personal and professional responsibilities
- Initiative to “jump-in” where needed and improve programs as seen fit
- Maintain living areas in a clean and presentable fashion
- Have FUN!!