Our facilitators are highly trained to provide high quality and goal driven programming to groups of all ages and backgrounds. Located in an outdoor rural setting, facilitators lead their groups through a series of challenge activities on our low and high ropes course. Facilitators are able to make connections in an intimate setting to help the group grow, learn, and get closer to one another. Our staff is passionate, compassionate, inclusive, mature, and energetic.
No previous experience in the experiential education field is required but experience with group management, education, outdoor leadership is recommended. During training you will learn about group dynamics, low course facilitation, debriefing, and high course rescue procedures.
We are always looking for seasoned facilitators to join our on call or full time staff! If you have previous training in challenge course facilitation we can evaluate your skills and preform a site-specific skill check/training lasting around three days. Please mention your previous experience in your application. If you have a certification provided by an accredited ACCT vendor member or another group, please let us know during the application process.
On-site housing is available.
Employment will run from March- November
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to work with a diverse population of all ages and backgrounds.
- Previous facilitation/ high ropes experience highly encouraged
- Previous experience of group management highly encouraged
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Possess the maturity and responsibility to handle emergency situations and rescues
- Willing to learn and grow in a community environment
- Able to articulate the philosophy of Challenge By Choice and uphold Genesee Valley’s mission
- Maintain a minimum CPR certification; WFA (Wilderness First Aid) preferred
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Find more information HERE