Executive Director ~ New Vision Wilderness Therapy, Southeastern US
New Vision Wilderness Therapy is excited to announce the opening for an Executive Director at our Southeastern location.
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier. NVW is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
The Executive Director must first understand the core purpose, values, culture, norms and processes of Calo Programs before establishing these at NVW:
Key Responsibilities (among others):
- Establish and advance a compelling vision and strategy for the fulfillment of the mission and perpetuation of NVW.
- Integrate and utilize Topgrading best practices in 1) Hiring (recruitment, selection), 2) Promotion and 3) Performance Management at NVW.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of A-Players.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including the general operations to ensure stability of growth of net assets.
- Grow revenue YOY as established in conjunction with President and CFO.
- Meet annual enrollment, discharge, revenue, expense, EBITDA targets as defined by program budget.
- Oversee, manage and sometimes directly implement marketing initiatives to achieve enrollment and business goals.
- Maintain culture of business development, with individualized marketing plan in place for key positions (Clinical Directors, Therapists, etc.)
- Connect with every parent once a month via telephone, email or face to face during LOS.
- Plan, attend, and actively participate in each campus tour and campus events as needed/required.
- Develop and implement appropriate program safety policies and procedures, as well as reporting, evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain appropriate policies and procedures with respect to human
resource and legal compliance issues. Decrease operational safety metrics year over year (AWOL,
self-harm, hospitalizations, early pulls etc.) as determined in collaboration
- A deep understanding and appreciation of Calo and New Vision Wilderness missions.
- A proven, successful track record of leading people and organizations.
- Experience with Topgrading; a tangible track record hiring A-Players, while developing B-Players into A-Players.
- Ability to motivate, mobilize, positively influence and inspire staff to achieve results in the best interests of the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years business management experience and skills including leadership, management, finance, human resources, marketing and public relations.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with multiple levels of employees with varying degrees of experience and create a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize and juggle a variety of often unrelated tasks; willingness to assume any task as required.
- Experience in outdoor experiential education and/or wilderness therapy preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background criminal investigation check.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.A./B.S. college degree; advanced degree preferred
- Management and/or Executive Experience: 5 years
- Outdoor Program Management Experience: 3 years
Anticipated start date: Late January 2018