Established adaptive outdoor education center seeks qualified individual to lead and manage this $3.5M non-profit business. He or she oversees all aspects of the organization including programs, business operations, finance, development and marketing, and reports to 20 member Board of Directors.
Qualifications: min. 5 yrs. experience in business management (preferably non-profit) at the executive level; expertise in development and fundraising; understanding of finance; experience in experiential education/adaptive recreation preferred; BA/BS degree.
Full-Time; competitive salary and benefit package, depending on experience
Apply with letter and resume by 10/15/2017 to: email@example.com Attn: ED Search
Position Type: Full Time, Year Round, Exempt
Reports to: BOEC Board of Directors
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of BOEC. As such, he/she assumes overall responsibility for all facets of the Center's operations including programming, risk management, financial management, fund development, marketing, public relations and strategic planning. The Executive Director provides the primary leadership for the success of the educational programs and operations of BOEC, including the Wilderness Program, Adaptive Ski and Ride Program and Internship Program.
- Establish and advance a compelling vision and strategy for the fulfillment of the mission and perpetuation of the Center.
- Work collaboratively with a large and diverse group of stakeholders to advance strategic goals.
- Work constructively under the leadership of the Board of Directors, supporting the Board’s oversight, fiduciary and strategic roles.
- Lead, inspire and supervise, directly and indirectly, a team of 50+ full time, part-time and seasonal staff, 24+ Interns and 250+ volunteers.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Ensure the financial stability of BOEC through strategic planning, budgeting and fiscal controls.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including the general operations and restricted funds to ensure stability of and growth of net assets.
- Oversee all aspects of fund development and donor relations with respect to BOEC's unrestricted and restricted funds (including scholarship, special project, capital and endowment), to ensure that programmatic and financial goals are accomplished.
- Oversee, manage and sometimes directly implement marketing initiatives to achieve enrollment and business goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate program safety policies and procedures, as well as reporting, evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain appropriate policies and procedures with respect to human resource and legal compliance issues.
- A deep understanding and appreciation of the BOEC mission
- A proven, successful track record of leading people and organizations
- Ability to motivate, mobilize, positively influence and inspire staff to achieve results in the best interests of the organization
- Min. 5 years business management experience and skills including leadership, management, finance, human resources, marketing and public relations
- Non-profit management experience with proven expertise in fundraising and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and create a team-oriented environment
- An ability to prioritize and juggle a variety of often unrelated tasks; willingness to assume any task as required
- Experience in outdoor experiential education and/or adaptive sports/therapeutic recreation preferred
- Minimum B.A./B.S. college degree; advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of housing market/cost of living in Summit County