Deer Hill Field Staff provide all the instruction and guide all the group dynamics for our Southwest programs. We do not subcontract our participants’ experience. Deer Hill leaders are strong outdoor educators, not chaperones.
• Spring Training: April 26th – May 3rd
• Spring Season: mid-April to early-June
• Summer Training: June 9th – 17th
• Summer Season: mid-June to mid-August
Field Staff may work the spring season, the summer season, or both. Contracts are written for each program, ranging from one to four weeks in length. Field Staff can work a single or multiple contracts, depending on Deer Hill needs and applicant’s availability.
• 21 years of age minimum.
• Able to work legally in the United States.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Current CPR and WFR certifications, minimum.
• Able to pass criminal background check.
• Support participants and program needs 24/7.
• Physically able to facilitate program activities.
• Professional experience facilitating wilderness and or service experiences.
• Experience mentoring adolescents.
• Commitment to personal growth, one’s own and participants’.
• Strong communication skills.
• Positive attitude and good sense of humor.
• Technical competency in several activities listed.