Eagle’s Nest Foundation, a non-profit located in Pisgah Forest, North Carolina, is home to Eagle’s Nest Camp (a residential summer camp), The Outdoor Academy (an academic semester school) and Hante Adventures. We offer co-ed progressive programming to participants beginning at age 6 and culminating at age 17. At each stage, we foster curiosity, awareness, compassion and gratitude as we guide campers and students in the development of their “whole selves”.
The Whole Foods Program Manager (WFPM) supports our Foundation’s, mission of promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character by overseeing a from scratch food program that supports nutritious, wholesome foods and teaches campers and students about garden to table practices and healthy living. At Eagle’s Nest, our food program is integral in meeting our mission and has a focus on sustainable practices, good health and responsibility to community. The WFPM must be prepared and qualified to provide care and nutrition through the foods served to our campers, students, faculty, and staff, and to share his/her knowledge of whole food preparation, proper sanitation using sustainable methods and healthy nutrition with our students through casual and formal teaching activities.
The WFPM will oversee initiatives related to our food program, gardening, composting, recycling and environmentally friendly cleaning practices across campus, and will be responsible for the oversight and management of planning creating and serving of meals at Eagle’s Nest Camp and The Outdoor Academy. The WFPM will work closely with and supervise a Chef for The Outdoor Academy, and will help recruit, hire, train and supervise a Chef, cooks and a baker for Eagle’s Nest Camp. The WFPM will also work closely with the Garden Manager to plan the vegetables and herbs that should be planted in the garden each year, and to coordinate the timing and processing of each harvest.
· Kitchen staff recruiting, training and managing
· Menu planning using local, nutritious whole foods
· Meal preparation and cooking
· Food safety and compliance
· Oversee sanitation, equipment and environmentally friendly cleaning program
· Purchasing, ordering, inventory tracking and budgeting
· Foundation Event management as pertains to meals
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· ServSafe Certification, preferred
· Demonstrated staff and budget management experience
· Computer skills
· Experience working in an institutional kitchen (preferably educational organization)
· Experience working with children and teens
· Understanding of and enthusiasm for whole foods cooking
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and completed application (available at https://www.enf.org/foundation/employment/) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disabling condition or sexual orientation.