Deer Hill Expeditions (DHE) is seeking to hire a skilled, motivated and experienced individual for the Assistant Operations Manager position. This 10-month position plays an integral role here at Deer Hill connecting many of our departments together. Primary responsibilities include logistics support, managing seasonal interns, and maintenance of program gear and equipment. Deer Hill’s operating season is fast pace and includes long days. This position requires dedication, active leadership, clear communication skills, mentoring skills, initiative, patience and humor. The ideal candidate is attentive to details and deadlines, organized, self-motivated, and adaptable.
Additional Position Details
• Train, supervise, manage, and mentor interns and volunteers
• Manage and implement logistics that support groups in the field and at Basecamp
• Inventory, management and maintenance of program gear and equipment.
• Collaborate with Facility Manager to maintain cleanliness and organization of the facility
• Management of Store operations and systems.
• 5-6 day work weeks when programs are in progress (April-August)
• Manager on Duty 2-3 days per week when programs are in progress
• Able to work legally in the United States.
• Ability to pass criminal background check with CBI and FBI.
• Experience using Apple computers in an office environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated and organized with prior relevant experience
• Positive attitude and ability to deliver and receive feedback.
• Professional and well organized.
• Familiarity with outdoor experiential education.
• Demonstrated tolerance for adversity and uncertainty.
• $25,000 to 28,000 salaried position. DOE.
• On site lodging option may be available
• Meals available during programming season.
• Access to industry pro purchase plan.