Activities & Recreation Director Job Description
Lutsen Resort is accepting applications for a full-time, year-round Activities & Recreation Director. Lutsen Resort offers complimentary recreational activities for its guests. In the summer, this includes high quality and safely guided hikes, naturalist programs, kid’s activities, fly fishing instruction, craft activities, yoga, guided sea kayak tours and instruction, paddleboard tours and shuttle service to trailheads. In the winter, we offer cross country ski instruction and tours, guided snowshoe tours, ski shuttle service and kid’s activities. The programs serve an audience of families, children, and adults. This is a salaried position with benefits.
Activities Director Job Responsibilities
· Lead and/or help teach and prepare for a variety of programs including guided hikes, naturalist programs, kids programs, craft activities, fly fishing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing.
· Interview, hire and train staff. Support staff development.
· Develop and manage recreation programs and safety protocols.
· Lead Guide for Lake Superior and inland lake sea kayaking and paddleboard tours.
· Manage activities desk in Main Lodge – provide resort guests information on area activities, current trail conditions, local businesses and find answers for guest questions.
· Manage equipment inventory and maintenance.
· Report program statistics.
· Develop staff schedule and update guest activity calendar.
· Communicate with guests and vendors.
· Oversee/drive guest shuttle program to nearby trailheads and to the ski hill in the winter.
Activities Director Job Qualifications
· Experience in teaching and leading formal outdoor/naturalist programs; experience managing groups in an outdoor setting.
· Experience working with audiences of all ages and abilities; ability to teach to a variety of learning styles.
· Experienced sea kayaker on Lake Superior or similar coastal conditions; knowledge of wind and weather patterns.
· Current level 3-5 ACA Coastal Sea Kayaking Instructor Certification or ability to obtain.
· Wilderness First Responder.
· Require high school diploma, but prefer B.S. Degree in Outdoor Education or similar field
· Safety conscious.
· Responsible and self-motivated.
· Ability to work independently and complete tasks.
· Excellent people skills; comfortable conversing with guests; able to address guest concerns.
· Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
Benefits include paid vacation, health care, dental benefits, resort benefits, FSA, life/LTD insurance, and free daily lunch.
Submit cover letter and resume to Daleri Brown, HR Director at email@example.com